drank Forever Nuts by DAVIDsTEA

For peeps who follow me, you’d figured I’ve tried this tea – Forever Nuts, a popular DT item. Okay, 3 months before I was moving out of Canada, I was trying to get a sample of this tea. 4-5 visits and they never had it in stock or it just ran out. I didn’t want to buy online in case I didn’t like it. My sister grabs me a sample from Victoria before visiting me, but said it was the dregs and not 20g worth. Sigh.

DRY: Nutty, very nutty. The roommates already think I’m weird and commented (yet again) why I’m drinking trail mix. For some reason my evening teas resemble trail mix.

STEEPED: Smells like apple pie with crust? Steeps up an interesting pretty opaque pink.

TASTE: Buttery at first tongue hit reminding me of pie crust. Then the sip finishing off a bright, brisk tart apple.

COMMENTS: My tea hating husband took a sip and said it tasted like weak cider. I would say that too if I could taste any spice. I would like this tea more if A. Stayed buttery tasting B. More spice to move towards apple cider C. Less tart D. all of the above, but then it would taste apple pie, yum!

Maybe I’ll try it with sugar next time.

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA