Another DT tea my sis snagged for me before visiting me. My husband loves rhubarb in baking. We were planning on having rhubarb pie at our wedding, but it was off season and no rhubarb to be found, fresh, frozen or canned – he was really bummed out and wanted to delay the wedding!

DRY: Super super juicy strawberry! Got me really pumped up!

STEEPED: Lightly juicy strawberry. Everyone in the house is impressed with the berry smell. Very pretty dark red.

TASTE: TARRRRRRRRTTTT! WAHHHHHHHHH! I should of read up on this tea on Steepster before steeping it. This was a hibiscus punch to the face with a rhubarb tart eye gouge thrown in for good effect. My tart o meter almost got knocked out!
I tried sweetening it to make it less angry, still pretty tart – good flavor past the tart, strawberry, rhubarb, bit of creamy. As it cools, less tart and good juicy strawberry flavor. Unless it is still really tart and it blew out my tongue.

COMMENTS: This is just way too tart for me, but this tea has loads of potential. I’m thinking shorter steep time? latte? Iced? more water? Another day.

EDIT: The tea hating husband took a sip and finished my cup! Said it tasted like a strawberry rhubarb cider and wanted more. Finally a tea he likes!

Lynxiebrat

I’m thinking probably tons of sweetener and iced with cut alot of the tart. If you got german rock sugar that might work with it nicely. And iced I mean brewed hot then cooled down. maybe try it as a shake? been thinking of trying tea shakes lately.

Angrboda

Well, they did load it with hibiscus. Rhubarb really is very nice in tea, I particularly like it in green tea. It tastes all pink and girly then. Without hibiscus or beetroot or rosehip or carrot or whatever else sort of filler you can think of.

Comments

Lynxiebrat

Angrboda

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA