drank Coconut Oolong by Zen Tea

AAERRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!
So mad right now! I was going to do a side by side tasting of Zen Tea’s Coconut Green and Coconut Oolong.. and a huge ugly a$$ fly fell into my cup of coconut green before I could taste both teas together! EWWW! I was almost tempted to scoop out the fly and drink, but decided against it. Eww. Cry.

I chose this Coconut green and their Coconut Oolong from Zen teas – see which one I like more!

DRY: Sweet, natural coconut smell, with a hint of smokey.
STEEPED: Milky coconut, light gold tea.

TASTE: Lightly floral, vegetal and creamy oolong, sweeter from the coconut with a really good coconut aftertaste. The coconut here is very natural tasting – I can almost sense the texture of the coconut flesh while I sip. Creamy taste lingers in my mouth.

Second infusion, I cannot get any coconut flavor but the oolong is still good – sweet, lightly floral and bright. I’d drink this second infusion on its own! No astringency.

COMMENTS: This oolong is pretty solid – a great combo with the bao zhong. The second infusion is pretty good too, despite lacking coconut.

Comparison (copy n pasted to Coconut Green)
Coconut green = More balanced flavoring with coconut and sencha together
Coconut oolong = the coconut melds with the oolong, enhancing the creamy and sweet of the bao zhong, with a coconut finish.

Tough call, I’m leaning on Coconut oolong more as the whole experience is overall fantastic, but coconut green has a really good flavoring as well.

Hesper June

Ew! I am sorry! (although, maybe he wanted some tea too?:)

Uniquity

I wouldn’t have told anyone it happened but I totally would have drank the tea after I scooped it out!