My Lupicia order is supposed to show up today – and I’m hoping it does so I can have some tea before I go to jiu jitsu, but instead this tea shows up in my mailbox. Usually my 52Teas orders come on Saturdays. Oh well, all mine!

DRY: smells strongly like banana, almost banana liquor like. I got some huge whole slices of banana, which I smashed up and tried to mix into my bag of tea evenly.

STEEPED: Banana! And graham crust smell, nice!

TASTE: Strong green tea and banana. Banana is leaning on that flavor I had for medicine I had as a kid (no bad memories with it though). Nice rice toastyness from the genmaicha. Bit of a weird bitter finish, maybe medicinal. Strong banana aftertaste that is pretty nice.

Sweetened, this tea performs better – bananay with a cheesecake finish showing up. The genmaicha is a nice match, but still has a weird taste. As it cools, it is getting creamy tasting, which is nice. Overall, I like this tea sweetened.

COMMENTS:
Maybe I over steeped or over leafed this as it was pretty strong and weird tastes – but theres lots of elements I like in this tea, such as the good banana aftertaste and the genmaicha pairing. With that said, I’m a little mixed on this tea whether I like it or not. But I think I will need to try it again, fudging with the steep times.

In other news, I finish NaNoWriMo! Woot Woot!

Try letting the bag sit for a couple weeks! I find that sometimes helps with franks blends if they taste a little off if I open them the day I get them sort of thing