Someone got this for me as a wedding present. I didn’t use it until my DavidsTea Steeper needed some serious cleaning and is MIA.

I’m gonna compare the ingenuiTEA to the Steeper

ingenuiTEA
narrower design – not for wide mugs compared to the Steeper, so you’ll have to reach under and press the drain trigger and hope to not get splashed with hot tea.
The narrow design makes it impossible to reach into the pot, if you are they type like me that likes to fish out fruit bits to sample.

Holds less than the Steeper. This puppy does 16oz as per website. It doesn’t actually make 16oz of tea, more like max output of 14 or 15ish of steeped tea. Empty, poured to the brim it’s 16oz, but if there is say 2 or 3t of tea in it, it takes up volume plus you don’t really want to fill it to the brim and risk a mess. Bit of a shock for me, as I was trying to make 16oz and ran out of room – I’m so used to an 18oz Steeper, and having some breathing room.

I do like the handle on the ingenuiTEA more, it’s easier to grab and more comfortable. The inside mechanics are the same as I can tell.

Overall – I like my Steeper more for the bigger size and wider design. I’ll end up using the ingenuiTEA for backup, travel or office use.

chloespeaks

so glad you posted this – I have had the ingenuiTEA in the back of my cupboard for awhile and was perusing the David’s Tea pot and was wondering the worthwhile qualities of each. Thanks for the comparison!

Comments

chloespeaks

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl
www.OolongOwl.com – I do tea reviews, obsessively photograph teas with mischievous crocheted Owls and get tea drunk. I am also a crochet and knitting designer at Awkward Soul Designs.

To contact me for reviews, check out details at OolongOwl.com/about or email me at [email protected]

BTW, my Steepster cupboard is not even close to accurate and I track my teas on a spreadsheet. Last update 573 Teas – August 2015.

Long Beach, CA