drank Gyokuro Kin by Den's Tea

My first gyokuro! What an experience! Such a beautiful tea with that lush emerald colour. Isn’t that colour “in” right now in fashion?

I made sure I was very awake for this tea so I didn’t mess up steeping. Overall, very good mix of buttery, sweet and veg – but I didn’t like the astringency, as I’m not a fan of astringency at all.

Cold steep? MAGICAL!

With that said, I really don’t know what to rate this tea as.

Full review on my blog, the oolong owl. I took lots of pics!

Mercuryhime

Glad you finally tried it! I live this one! I find it to be very delicate. Try cooler water and less leaf. That’s how I like mine. Cold brew is my fave though. :)

Awkward Soul

noo, the den’s instructions! I had another person tell me after to drop the water to 100 or 120. I’ll try again if I can acquire another sample or save up for a purchase.

Mercuryhime

Haha. Gotta live by your own rules! Be a rebel!

Comments

Mercuryhime

Awkward Soul

Mercuryhime

Haha. Gotta live by your own rules! Be a rebel!

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA