First to tea log Blushing Geisha?

I thought this tea would be really tart. Green tea, jasmine flowers, marigold petals, safflowers, hibiscus, and natural flavors? Hmmm.

Anyways, Blushing Geisha is really easy to steep! 212F for 2 to 3 minutes and it comes out a delicious, not too tart, lightly floral & sweet and very hibiscus fruity tea! The green tea is light here, as the mystery flower fruityness took over. With sugar or made as an iced tea – watch out! Very good and exotic!

Only thing that didn’t come out was the resteep and cold steep. Resteep was too light and the cold steep was too tart and not all the flavors came out.

Full blog review at Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/blushing-geisha-from-steep-city-teas/

My husband, the tea hater, needs to try this one as he might like it. He was at work when I was drinking this – I’ll report back if I can get him to try this tea!

Ysaurella

seems nice and I love the tea name, so poetic

Ze_Teamaker

I feel your pain. I keep trying to find teas that my brother will like and not just say that it tastes like water. I think he might like roasted mate’ though.

Ze_Teamaker

random thought maybe if you brew this tea at normal green tea temp; say 175F? That might subdue the hibi and fruit and make the green tea pop more.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

@ysaurella – it’s a gorgeous tea too!

@ ZE_T – if the tea tastes like a strong fruit juice, my husband sometimes likes it. Hmmm, i’ll try the lower temp and see what happens. 212F seems pretty hot!

Interesting…maybe have to try it out

david

Hey guys, glad you enjoyed this one. A favorite at many cafes that carry it. The tea is great at 175 as well, some times we steep it at 212 for a stronger punch. :D

Comments

Ysaurella

seems nice and I love the tea name, so poetic

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

@ysaurella – it’s a gorgeous tea too!

Interesting…maybe have to try it out

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA