Trying to get the hang of my gaiwan. After my first experience (that I’ll blog about later) my gaiwan skillz got better. Today I’m just accident prone. I knocked over my cookie batter bowl, then the electric hand mixer. I missed chucking my tea leaves into my compost pail, so there’s red hibiscus tea splotches on my tile. Probably not a day to gaiwan, but I’m stubborn.

I got 3 runs so far, twice burning my fingers and one spilling accident. Of course, I just cleaned the kitchen this morning, but now its got cookie dough and tea all over the floor and counter!

First two quick steepings of this black was pretty good – rich, bold and a little caramel like. 3rd round my cup is now astringent, but still good.

Though, this tea goes well with my cookies!
I wish my cookies were pretty, I just sliced them. Knowing my luck today, I would of cut myself with the cookie cutter.

TY Kasumi no Chagin for the sample!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I always seem to burn myself baking. Your description of this day is going to make me nervous about prepping tea now!