Phatty cake! What a great pu’er! The highlights of this tea is it is easy to drink, full flavored, bold with notes of earth, chocolate, wild mushroom, spice, raisin, sweet, smoke, and mineral, all developing and changing with further infusions.

I should really buy this cake, I made another order recently for some stuff on sale and pass on the cake. Next order then! I had a really good experience with Mandala teas so I’ll be ordering again for sure!

To read my full review aka Oolong Owl’s pu’er tea drunk party time, check out the blog entry http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/mandala-phatty-cake-from-mandala-tea-tea-review/

Boiling
graceatblb

The Phatty cake is just amazing, isn’t it? And Mandala’s releasing a sequel in the soontime. I can’t wait.

And I love love your blog. Your owls are adorable.

Awkward Soul

thanks! I’m going to buy the sequel for sure! I didn’t buy phatty cake with my first order as I heard about the sequel, and figure I’ll be able to wait for the new one, hopefully.

TeaBrat

I loved this too

Mandala Tea

Yahoo!!! We have good news about the “Phatty Cake: The Sequel” – all of the loose material made it to the pressing factory and was sifted, blended and pressed this last week!! The addition of the grade 3 leaf to this will make for more complexity. We are pumped! Thanks for the review, my friend! Time for some thrash metal and more pu’er :)

Comments

graceatblb

And I love love your blog. Your owls are adorable.

Awkward Soul

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA