This tea got me into trouble.

As I was sipping away, writing my review, I started looking at tea ware. Once the 3 hour tea session was done, I dented my paypal account with a yixing pot. Be warned! Actually, it’s probably all my fault, I get into trouble all the time!

This cake – gentle and beautiful! Apple, floral, apricot, earthy, and mineral notes with a fantastic smoothness in later infusions. I can see this tea being loved greatly by a white tea lover – it’s almost similar in intensity, but with a earthy flavor and better resteep ability.

I was very impressed how little smoke and astringency was present despite it being a 2012 – the least smoke and astringency I’ve had in a 2012 raw cake so far! Very nice!

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/mandala-silver-buds-raw-puer-2012-from-mandala-tea-tea-review/ featuring thirsty tea turtles and pu’er pick happy Owl.

190 °F / 87 °C
Dexter

Awesome to hear, I love the silver buds 2011 – but couldn’t justify the price for a cake. In compromise I bought this one. Nice to hear that it’s gentle too!!!
Mandala tea often get me in trouble too, I haven’t bought a yixing pot yet, but I keep looking at them. Congrats of picking one up.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

It’ll be my second yixing. I can’t decide what to season my current one with, so with two I’ll have more options, lol!

Bonnie

Always season with the best tea you can in the type the pot will be used for. I’m assuming this will be for white puerhs? (Usually a yixing isn’t used for white tea otherwise) Or will this be for another type? Anyway…sounds wonderful! Got back to some pu this morning myself finally.

Dexter

Are you thinking about oolong in one and pu’erh in the other, or both oolong – one green one roasted? Or I guess both pu’erh one sheng one shu? Hmmmmmm just writing this I may need 4? LOL

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I’m thinking dark oolong in my first yixing, and sheng pu’er in my new one. Or vice versa? Either way, my new one is that snazzy green clay, so it’s for oolong or sheng pu’er. I figure I need maybe 3 more – shu pu’er, green oolong and black. Uggg, pricey little tea pots!

Terri HarpLady

I’ve been drooling over the blue lotus tea set on the mandala page for months. I finally am getting it, along with several tea samples, including the 08 version of this silver buds sheng, thanks to your lovely review :)

Comments

Dexter

Bonnie

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA