drank Houji-Genmaicha by Den's Tea

Hmmm, I guess I never tea logged this tea?
I did a blog post on this tea when my crazy tea blog was new http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/houji-genmaicha-from-dens-tea-tea-review/

I’m on a Houjicha run today, this being the 3rd type to drink. Thankfully this tea has little in caffeine.

I didn’t follow Den’s steeping instructions, but Yunomi’s http://yunomi.us/713/standard-steeping-technique/

Anyways, I’m thinking I’m preferring Yunomi’s teas as they seem more intense in flavor. Den’s, though this is a genmaicha, is light and has a vegetal brothyness to it with a peep of roasty flavor. The resteep does have a nice buttery flavor, which I enjoyed. Overall, I’d probably not buy more of this and go with a straight smokey strong houjicha instead.

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA