Having a lovely run with this tea again.

Oddly, each steep seems to be very light and buttery ending with a fantastic floral / cherry / apricot that lingers after sip. Last time I got much more flavor out of this tea.

Then it hit me. It was my flavor sucking yixing pot! I had seasoned it the other day and this one came out the best I think as the pot is scented strongly of the sheng pu’er I used. Oh well, need to put more time into the yixing pot so it’ll give back!

Stephanie

I need to try more good puerhs

Misty Peak Teas

So glad you enjoyed it Awkward Soul, you have found great ways to enjoy tea more than most.

@stephanie. Happy to send you some.

AC VK

Perhaps you should try it out in a gaiwan ? Sometimes I also make 2 simultaneous steeping (1 in gaiwan & 1 in yixing teapot) that’s how I realized how bad was the first teapot I bought ;)

Comments

Stephanie

I need to try more good puerhs

Misty Peak Teas

@stephanie. Happy to send you some.

AC VK

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl
www.OolongOwl.com – I do tea reviews, obsessively photograph teas with mischievous crocheted Owls and get tea drunk. I am also a crochet / knitting designer at Awkward Soul Designs.

My recommended tea shops:
Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

BTW, my Steepster cupboard is not even close to accurate and I track my teas on a spreadsheet. Last update 512 Teas May 2015.

Long Beach, CA