Sip down!

Peach Oolong came out nice and buttery for me today, perfect for the raging creamy tooth I have going this morning. Once I’m done this, I’m going in for a resteep.

haha, reading my previous notes on this tea I talk about canning peaches – funny now as I finally made canning a reality for me to do. Well, my husband did, he bought me a pressure canner, jars and tools. last weekend I did nectarine preserves (like a super chunky jam) and vanilla maple nectarine jam. Today I need to prepare for buying a ton of tomatoes and pineapple tonight, which I will can over the weekend.

Hesper June

Wow…Vanilla Maple Nectarine Jam!? Thats sounds absolutely delish.
I can fruit every year…maybe I should start getting more adventuresome in what I put up.
A Peach Oolong sounds delish too, perfect for this time of the summer where all the Peaches are coming on:)

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I used the Ponoma pectin, which makes it really easy to use whatever kind (and any amount) of sweetner – I got the recipe out of their cookbook, which has some pretty wild jams. The blubarb jam is amazing! http://www.amazon.com/Preserving-Pomonas-Pectin-Revolutionary-High-Flavor/dp/1592335594

Hesper June

What a fun book! I just might have to see if my library has it:)

Comments

Hesper June

Wow…Vanilla Maple Nectarine Jam!? Thats sounds absolutely delish.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

Hesper June

What a fun book! I just might have to see if my library has it:)

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA