Hello pu’er!

Working on this pu’er than was in the Here’s Hoping Travelling Teabox – I squeaked out a serving of this pu’er so there’s one more round for the next person.

Not a serious review, I’m moreso sitting back with ma tea turtle and yixing pot have a nice tea session, post angry kitchen cleanup. I hate cleaning the slowcooker!

Very crisp with zero fermentationy flavor. Tastes like the skin of a pecan with lots of woodyness. Later infusions I’m getting some creamy lip feels.
Hey! I don’t need lipbalm – just drink creamy teas, yeah!
There’s an echo of coffee notes end of sip that gives this pu’er some pep. About 5 steepings in, the pu’er is still woody and developing more sweetness like sap.

photo evidence: http://oolongowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_5028.jpg

sadly, I don’t have time to enjoy more steepings today, so I put the leaves in the refrigerator to cold steep.

Boiling
Claire

I love this one, it has some great flavor.

Comments

Claire

I love this one, it has some great flavor.

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA