Well that sucks.

I got this tea as a sample with my last DT order. I understand this is a heavy tea, but dannnng at least put enough tea in the sample bag for me to make the suggested serving on the package!

photo evidence:

Flavor? Really iffy as I probably added too much water. I did under 6oz, but still hard with the little amount of tea I got. The flavor reminds me of Tropicalia without the coconut. I get a pineapple taste, maybe some mango, but it’s pretty light. Maybe I’m wrong? Either way, if you want to sample this tea, get like 30 to 50 grams so you can have a couple runs with it.

Boiling 8 min or more
wheezybee

Thanks for the laugh – we ran into the exact same thing, and I appreciated your “photo evidence”!

OMGsrsly

That is both hilarious and terrible!

Claire

I can’t believe they actually expect people to sample with that little!

mrmopar

Maybe they just wanted to wet your lips with it. Or use a 2 oz. cup.

jeweledthumb

I actually steeped this “hot” and then stuck it in the fridge for 24 hours to cold steep. It was pretty flavorable that way. But I agree, the 5gram sample packet is pitiful for this one!

Fiddling

I used the same method as jeweledthumb. I picked up several of the iced tea pitcher packs since they are marked down to $2 right now. The method that seems to work best for the non-hibiscus herbals is to brew them hot and then let them sit overnight. The results have been excellent.

Uniquity

Yikes, that is pretty bad. When I tried it I used an entire pitcher pack for the pot.

Comments

wheezybee

OMGsrsly

That is both hilarious and terrible!

Claire

I can’t believe they actually expect people to sample with that little!

mrmopar

Maybe they just wanted to wet your lips with it. Or use a 2 oz. cup.

jeweledthumb

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA