This was a really interesting tea.

Mulberry leaf tea is supposedly very similar to sencha, but without the caffeine. The process of making this tea is the same as well as the preparation. Heck, the appearance looks similar (I could be fooled this was a gyokuro) but smells slightly olivey.

Anyways, I found if sencha was a raw vegetable, mulberry leaf tea would be the sencha cooked. The tea is grassy, savory, buttery, with cooked green bean and squash notes. But unlike sencha, this tea isn’t crisp and fresh. It’s different yet similar at the same time.

Cool, interest and practical factor of this tea is high for me, but on a taste level for me, meh. I like tea tasting fresh and crisp. But don’t let that stop you from trying a mulberry leaf tea – it is sooo different than what caffeine free teas that are more popular like rooibos and herbals.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2013/08/26/kuwacha-sencha-mulberry-leaf-from-kesennuma-kuwacha-eitoku-via-yunomi-tea-review/

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA