This tea was quite nice – great notes of cocoa, caramel and smoke as promised. The smoke seemed a cross between grilly food and toast, without being over the top. Actually, quite a light black, yet rich in flavor.

I got 4 good steepings, and I did a long one as my fifth. That fifth one had some really neat woody notes that was very nice.

This was only a sample, but I could see myself getting more of this tea to play with some more.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/jin-pin-black-tea-yezi-tea-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Very excited with this post as I used my new DSLR camera. Though uggg.. I really need like a prime or macro lens as the tea was a little fussy to photo.

200 °F / 93 °C

I really enjoyed this one!

Comments

I really enjoyed this one!

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl
www.OolongOwl.com – I do tea reviews, obsessively photograph teas with mischievous crocheted Owls and get tea drunk. I am also a crochet / knitting designer at Awkward Soul Designs.

My recommended tea shops:
Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

BTW, my Steepster cupboard is not even close to accurate and I track my teas on a spreadsheet. Last update 512 Teas May 2015.

Long Beach, CA