drank White Night by Mandala Tea

Complex, unique, mysterious! This white tea is quite different than other whites – this one went through some processing encouraging it to age, so apparently after a few years, this white will be a black tea! Nifty! The leaves are big, open and fuzzy with a salt and pepper colouring, as some leaves are silver, others black.

Taste? Really neat and full bodied – white tea taste of sparking grape and juicy, a bit of black tea maltyness, with raw pu’er flavors of ultra creamy sticky and bit of musty (a tasty musty). This isn’t your light, crisp floral white tea – it’s mystery in a cup. Especially in the later steepings as it gets wispy and still creamy.

Also Tea Drunk in a cup. White tea tea drunk? I’m totally tea drunk WAHHHHh.

Full review with lots of pictures on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/white-night-mandala-tea-oolong-owl-tea-review/

175 °F / 79 °C 1 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lion Repshire

I was wondering if you could tell me… are White Night and Moonlight White the same teas? Someone else in their review here said they’d been wanting to try a “White Night/Moonlight”. I have a Moonlight White loose puer that I love and I’m wondering if this tea is the same type of tea or different?

Lion Repshire

Oh and now I just saw your blog post comparing this tea to the Bana Moonlight White (which is what I have). I think your post answered my question!

Awkward Soul

ha, beat me to it!

Comments

Lion Repshire

Awkward Soul

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA