Whoa, this black was intense! I’m glad I tried a straight Lapsang Souchong yesterday so I was able to ID it out of the rest of the blacks in this black blend. In Russian Caravan Black is Lapsang Souchong, Keemum and Assam fine tippy golden flower orange pekoe. This black blend is mega rich, amber mellow, smooth, astringent, smokey, woody and earthy. Gorgeous tea too!

Though, despite liking a good dark pu’er, I found this black blend too rich for me. I’m not a huge black tea drinker, but I’m happy to of tried it!

Full review of this tea, as well as Simple Loose Leaf’s march selection club, at my blog The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/march-simple-loose-leaf-selection-tea-club-oolong-owl-review/

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA