I went a little bonkers this month and only selected to have this tea in my April box from Simple Loose leaf. I tried the preview sample from last month and loved this tea! I’m very happy with Simple Loose Leaf’s selection club, especially for being able to choose the teas I want and get a sample for next month’s box.

The pu’er has a deep earthy and mushroom flavor. Quickly, the tea has a really good creamy flavor, finishing off with a sweet and tart strawberry. There is a little bit of fermentation, but the creamy berry flavor is very good and works with the base for a mega rich experience.

Hazelberry Pu’er does very well with sweetener, bring the strawberries and cream to the front, and making the pu’er less pungent. I’d suggest to sweeten this tea if you aren’t used to pu’er.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/april-simple-loose-leaf-selection-club-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cheri

Originally, I was going to get this in my April box, and then chickened out at the last minute. Now I wish I’d gotten it. Ah well.

Stephanie

Yum, sounds like a nice flavored pu

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I’m glad I got a bunch of this tea! Though, if I had to choose between this and Lupicia’s Chocolate Strawberry Pu’er, I’d go with Lupcicia for the milder pu’er base. Both are awesome though! Man, glad to see more Pu’er blends out there!

Jiāng Luo

Is this similar to adagio’s pu erh hazelberry?

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I haven’t tried adagios, but they sound pretty similar.

OMGsrsly

It looks exactly like the one available at a local shop. :) I wonder who the supplier is!

Comments

Cheri

Stephanie

Yum, sounds like a nice flavored pu

Jiāng Luo

Is this similar to adagio’s pu erh hazelberry?

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

I haven’t tried adagios, but they sound pretty similar.

OMGsrsly

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA