Bow down to the delicious Phatty Cake II

WIth gongfu steeping, I found Phatty Cake II started sharp, strong and rich – almost abrasive. Each steeping, this tea mellows on you, like it got to know you and is now friendly. Chocolately, woodsy, vanilla, very smooth, mineral notes, and spice.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/phatty-cake-ii-ripe-puer-mandala-tea-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Boiling
Garret

This is really wonderful to read here and on your blog, my friend! I had a session with this on Sunday and was super pleased about it. Whenever I first make a ripe pressing, it takes a few months for things to really start shaking out. There is some curing that needs to happen before they can begin coming of age and this one was no exception. When I first tasted the pressing (about 3 weeks after pressing), I was not so excited. But just as with every other pressing I’ve done, I remind myself that it will change significantly over the first 3 or 4 months.

Reading your take on it, coupled with my Sunday exploration of it, makes me realize that this is a great cake. Not that I don’t trust myself to know whether it is good or not, it’s just nice to have a trusted friend mirror back to me what I was thinking.

So thank you for that!

Rockin’ in the tea world,

Tea Sipper

I love that the picture looks like a stack of PANcakes. haha.

Comments

Garret

So thank you for that!

Rockin’ in the tea world,

Tea Sipper

I love that the picture looks like a stack of PANcakes. haha.

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA