reviewed Carry Travel Mug by DAVIDsTEA

I needed a tea travelling mug that could hold in heat (or cold) well – so i decided to get DT’s new exclusive carry travel mug.

It indeed holds temperature very well for hours and hours, no matter what temperature it is outside. The strainer part is very cool – there is a basket as well as a filter under the lip – so you can drink using either or both. It is also leak proof!

my issues:
The lip is on the fat side to drink from, so not that comfortable to drink especially if the tea was steeped with boiling water. I do have a small mouth, so maybe others will have a different experience.

The secret compartment to stash tea does not keep my tea dry. It does okay if the travelling mug is stationary, but if its rolling around in your bag the leaves will get wet.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/carry-travel-mug-davidstea-oolong-owl-teawave-review/

jump62359

I have their 12oz timolino and I almost always brew my tea in a pot before pouring into my timolino. And I too have a small mouth and I find that the lip of it is on the thicker side, so I always drink straight from the timolino itself.
It’s a nice mug! And I love their timolinos so much, I gave the burgandy travel mug to my sister and she loves it as well!

Awkward Soul

I tried sipping out of the body itself and totally burnt my face! This thing keeps tea really hot! I was looking at the zojirushi ones at the Tea Expo and but felt they had too many working parts to open the lid and locking buttons.

Comments

jump62359

Awkward Soul

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA