I’m liking how every Jalam Tea cake I get, though all raw/sheng, are all very different.

This pu’er starts off very delicious – light at first, developing a stronger flavor at end of sip. Hay, juicy vegetable stalks and buttery corn notes. There is also a milky texture that is really nice. However, with each infusion Meng Hun gets more crisp and astringent.

I also found the recommended water temp of boiling water made the tea dry by the 3rd infusion, and really dry in later infusions. I preferred 185F, but the flavor wasn’t as strong, but no dryness until the 7th infusion.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/meng-hun-unfermented-puer-jalam-teas-oolong-owl-tea-review/
Pu’er cake unwrapping woes.

185 °F / 85 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g
Cameron B.

That rascally owl, making such a mess! :O

madametj

I’m obsessed with your owls :) where did you get them?

apt

as soon as I get into puer im signing up for this club.

madametj

I had a feeling. So cute!

Comments

Cameron B.

That rascally owl, making such a mess! :O

madametj

I’m obsessed with your owls :) where did you get them?

apt

as soon as I get into puer im signing up for this club.

madametj

I had a feeling. So cute!

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA