From the Here’s Hoping Tea box3!

I am a huge fan of Mandala Tea’s milk oolong and was very curious how this oolong stacks up. Appearance wise, GFTS’ milk oolong is a darker, vibrant green, with smaller more chewed up leaf than Mandala’s milk oolong. I used the same steeping parameters that I use for my Mandala Tea milk oolong.

Taste wise, GFTS’ is more fruity – I was getting coconut and bit of fruityness, with lots of vegetal and buttery creamy. This one is quite good – but I’m still leaning on Mandala Tea’s milk oolong, which is more caramel butter edge to it with nicer leaf quality.

Cheri

I really like this milk oolong. It’s one of my favorites. I have not had the Mandala one yet.

Scatterbrain

Definitely give Mandala’s milk oolong a try, Cheri. It is awesome! American Tea Room has a great one too.

TeaTiff

Cheri, you tried GFTS and Mandala:) I remember reading your tasting notes. Awkward Soul, I am going to have to go back and have a cup of each. The strong notes of each makes me curious again. For me the GFTS won due to the intense creamy flavor.

Cheri

I did try the Mandala! I had that one confused in my head. Oops! I didn’t give it a rating because I wanted to try the GFTS and Teavivre ones. My bad!! (I thought I’d had it, and went back through my ratings because I can sort those so much better than my tea log aqnd couldn’t find it. I’m such an idiot.)

Comments

Cheri

Scatterbrain

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA