I dunno if I’m logging this in the right place. I’ve had malt barely teas before (kinda meh) and I’ve bought a few korean barely teas and they’d come out flavorless. I wanted another go though and was happy to find Korean Barely Tea in the Here’s Hoping Teabox 3.

Awesome timing too, a blogger I met at the World Tea Expo recently made a post on steeping this grainy roasty tea http://thirstyfortea.com/2014/06/13/korean-barley-tea/ and I used her directions of boiling it for 20 minutes. I then put it in the fridge and served cold.
Really good stuff – sweet, roasty with a bit of corny flavor. A sweeter dark roast houjicha. I think I’ll buy more of this stuff next time I’m at my local Korean grocery store (love going there, they always play G Dragon)

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl
www.OolongOwl.com – I do tea reviews, obsessively photograph teas with mischievous crocheted Owls and get tea drunk. I am also a crochet / knitting designer at Awkward Soul Designs.

My recommended tea shops:
Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

BTW, my Steepster cupboard is not even close to accurate and I track my teas on a spreadsheet. Last update 512 Teas May 2015.

Long Beach, CA