I got this tea from my inlaws, who purchased it while they were on a river cruise through Russia! They had a tour guide find a tea shop and translate to get good loose leaf and this is what they reconmended.

So, this is a black grown in Azerbaijan. The instructions state to steep in 200ml of boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes. It surprisingly did not come out like thick bitter death, but a raisin, honey, malty and coppery flavor with lots of dryness. Very dry!

Overall, it was really cool to try a tea like this (I couldn’t find it for sale on amazon or ebay). It’s too dry for me, but I’ve been putting samples in all the traveling tea boxes I’ve been participating in for others to try.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/azerchay-black-tea-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 7 OZ / 200 ML
boychik

I love the teapot. Never seen those. I’m impressed with tea leaves. Back in my days when I lived in Russia Caucasian tea( Georgia, Azerbaijan ) was very poor quality, worse than bad quality CTC. We always had Indian or Ceylon tea.

Comments

boychik

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA