drank Sweet Ginger Heat by DAVIDsTEA

I wasn’t on planning on buying this one – I was focused on getting a few other teas. I smelled this one and was like “WHOA GINGER PUNCH IN THE FACE” all over again (see my DAVIDsTea Pu-reh Ginger review, lol), but decided to try it as the sales gal said this one was her fav out of the new teas.

Annnd… this tea steeped into a murkey yellow green. The ginger punch decreased quite a bit for smell.

For taste, the Stevia is the first hit (and if you’ve never had stevia before, it’s pretty sweet on the tongue, but as it goes down it’s loses its sweetness) with a taste of the green tea.
As the stevia fades, the powerful ginger and light peppercorn heat can be felt heating the throat pleasantly.

After all that, there’s a licorice flavour that lingers in the mouth.

First few sips I thought it was kinda icky but also weird. In the past, I’ve disliked stevia so that’s where that “ick” comes from for me. After half the mug of tea, I was enjoying the changing of flavours of the tea. The ginger and heat is refreshing. The uniqueness keeps making me drink the cup despite my stevia hatred.

With that said – if you dislike stevia with a passion I’d stay away. If you want a very unique tea, love ginger, a little heat, sweet and licorice, give it a try.

Me? I think I like it because Sweet Ginger Heat is different. Not sure if I’ll buy more after my 30g is used up.