drank All The Raj by DAVIDsTEA

(This is my first review of this tea in which I gave a 90. For the second review I gave an 8.. crazy right?)

I saw this tea online and had to have it. It looks so beautiful, like rosy potpourri with the rose buds and chili strings.

Smell of the tea… well isn’t potpourri… i actually can’t figure out what the hell I’m smelling. Rose for sure, by a little…and the rest smells weird and not sure if that’s a good smell. Alas, I don’t care – I figure this tea would look ULTRA FREAKING COOL in my glass Libre tea mug as it shows off all the rosey buds and other pretty redness of the herbal tea. And I love drinking DAVIDstea “Citron Oolong” and “Checkmate” for their pretty factor. Especially when I’m in meetings at work – just so sophisticated.

Okay, back on track – “All The Raj”. Steeped this tea is a clear slightly peachy colour. Damn the flowers look pretty. I made sure to get it a good shake, there was some bits in the potpourii I wanted to get in to have pretty factor = tastey. I could see the large rose buds floating to the top of the dry leaves in the bag.

Tastewise… very rosey. Not tart at first. Not sour at all. I don’t taste coconut, but I found it’s probably what is mellowing out the taste. A little taste of fennel, but again, is evening out the whole experience and adding some freshness? I don’t taste the heat.. moreso just feel the heat of the chilis on the back of my throat. After all that, a tad of tartness aftertaste with more floral (surprise).

Overall, floral. Mellow with the coconut/fennel. A little bit of heat to perk up the experience, as if to bring you back to earth after dreaming in roses (okay, cheesy sounding, whatever :P). I like it – it’s complex, it’s pretty and it’s mellow.
I want to relax, drink this tea slowly in a rose garden while eating little sandwiches. Sandwiches with cream cheese, maybe brie.

I purchased 30grams.. will I buy again? I think so, most likely online to ensure I get a good mix of the tea (I want lots of rosy bits!) as I could see this tea potentially being different if you had too much of say fennel or rosehip bits. Appearance would be a 10/10. Taste 8/10 It’s good and complex, but not addicting and super-wow for me.

Nurvilya

Glad to hear it worked out for your palate! I love how pretty it is too.