I received this tea as a gift from a coworker (as I gave her lots of teas to try). She said this one was close to her most fav tea in the world (Silk Road’s Philosophers Brew) that she could find locally.

The smell is…. Chamomile! Surprise! WOOOOOOO! Steeped, the tea goes pink (if in a bag, the red/pink sits on the bottom of the cup).
I’m always a little worried steeping this as over steeped chamomile tastes like soggy old grassy socks to me. But I get that to get that lemongrass out you need to steep it a bit longer.

Taste… chamomile! With soft hits of citrus… mellow licorice and fennel. A little floral at the end. I find the chamomile comes out very strongly, fennel next with that mellowness with the other flavours on the back-burner.

For chamomile tea lovers, this would be a great tea to mix it up. Run, don’t walk and try this tea.

For me… who doesn’t mind chamomile but picky about it (if it comes in a bag or is over steeped it tastes like mold/soggy/socky/weedy) it’s not a bad tea as it does its job by making one relax and sleepy. I really wish the lemongrass would come out more to add more interest. Compared to “Philosopher’s Brew”, Sweet Dreams is just chamomile. Philosopher’s Brew is an inspiring lemongrassy floral herbal with chamomile as backup – The reverse of Sweet Dreams.

But in the end Sweet Dreams is a relaxing tea without being straight-up chamomile.