Not bad on the hibiscus, certainly not as tart as some! Cinnamon comes through nicely as does a slightly sweet flavor. I get the berries as well. I am not rating this one because it is so weak and either I did something wrong or it is just a weak tea but I can’t be sure. I have to note this is the second tea I have steeped today that came out weak.
What I do taste is by no means bad though – its quite nice but I find it odd that Davids Tea considers it a fall type tea. Sure there is some cinnamon in it but I feel it is far too much on the light side to be a fall tea. Anyway it is nice just not something I would order on first sip.
I am not getting the crumble flavor although I can sure smell it which is nice.
I just wish it tasted the way it smelled! :)
I ended up adding the rest of the leaf I had in my sample and steeping two more minutes which did help boost the flavor some but not a ton. I added sugar in the raw which helped a little too. At least the addition of leaves and two extra minutes didnt HURT the tea or make it bitter!
I DO want to thank Kyrstalyen for sending me some! She is an absolute doll with her trades and very generous!
I am off to try something else form my goodie bag!

Kittenna

Hmm, I’m trying to remember what I did with this one to make it taste good. I think it was a long infusion and high leaf to water ratio, but I also recall that it was by accident! Teas this finicky are irritating though (especially when you can smell the right scents but they don’t translate to the flavour). Anyways, glad you got your stuff!

If I figure out how to brew this properly I’ll send along some more, because it was quite good that one time… (I think it was actually the second infusion that was good, too. You’ve probably thrown out the leaves by now though.)

Azzrian

I tried a second steep and no go for me. I just don’t know what I did wrong lol oh well loving the chocolate chamomile right now and have TONS more samples from you to try :)

Comments

Kittenna

Azzrian

Most of my reviews will be “snippits” of full reviews that can be found at http://sororiteasisters.com/
Posted every evening at 6 EST.
I usually try to post the exact date that the full reviews will post however sometimes post dates need changed so it may not always be correct. Generally the dates are correct however.

About Me:

Most of my reviews, although not all, will be quite favorable of the tea. This is not because all tea is excellent, but more so because I generally will not waste my time on an inferior tea. If I do not care for a tea I won’t continue to drink it let alone spend time reviewing it. If you see a review by me you basically know it is a quality tea. Granted it may not suit your specific taste buds, we all like different things, but as for a tea on the whole it is a good one, from a good company.

I am a spiritual advisor by profession.
I have two “young adult” children.
Four cats and three dogs.

Some of my hobbies include gardening, essential oil therapy, natural perfumery with essential oils, and cooking.

I look for complexity overall in any tea, dimensions to the flavors.

I believe tea should evoke a feeling, thought, emotion, or attitude.

I enjoy most all oolongs, blacks, whites, and greens.

I always love to try a good yellow tea.

I favor unadulterated teas but I do have my longings for a good flavored tea now and then so I don’t rule them out by any means!

I enjoy green rooibos don not like red rooibos.

Find me on facebook and twitter – Azzrian Visions