drank Darjeeling by Twinings

I’ve had this tea several times over the past few days, with varying results. If oversteeped, it can have a bitter edge I don’t like, and milk and sugar does not overcome it. The first time, and this last time, I think I got it right, about 3 minutes, 15 seconds steep time, and the taste is sweet, a little flowery but not perfumy. I might call it a dessert tea. It does have a drying after-affect on the tongue and palate, however, like Assam teas.

I am a part time college instructor and also work in human resources in a family company. Apart from a rare cup of Lipton I drank in my parents’ home, I am a newbie to the world of tea. I have enjoyed Twinings and Ahmad bagged teas over the past month, and I am now just beginning to try loose leaf teas from Teavivre, Adagio, and Della Terra.

So far, I prefer black tea to green tea, and prefer to add cream or milk and sweetener to black tea. Unless the tea is white, green, or herbal, you can assume that I have added cream/milk and sugar to the tea in my reviews/ratings.

Concord, MA, USA