drank Earl Grey (loose leaf) by Twinings

This is another tea about which I can’t decide whether I like it or not. I had never had earl grey before last week and this is my second cup. The mild citrus taste numbs the tongue a little, and is a little bitter. It is a generic citrus flavor, closest to grapefruit perhaps, but not as strong nor as bitter. I imagine it is an acquired taste.

I am a part time college instructor and also work in human resources in a family company. Apart from a rare cup of Lipton I drank in my parents’ home, I am a newbie to the world of tea. I have enjoyed Twinings and Ahmad bagged teas over the past month, and I am now just beginning to try loose leaf teas from Teavivre, Adagio, and Della Terra.

So far, I prefer black tea to green tea, and prefer to add cream or milk and sweetener to black tea. Unless the tea is white, green, or herbal, you can assume that I have added cream/milk and sugar to the tea in my reviews/ratings.

Concord, MA, USA