drank Emperor's Puerh by Numi Organic Tea

This is my first puerh. I wanted to try an unflavored one first to get a sense of the tea by itself. The bag smells a little bit fishy, but not overpowering, and it continues to smell that way as it is steeping. As the steeping progresses, it smells like dirt. It tastes like a mixture of dirt and a little bit of fish-food, even with cream and sugar. I don’t think I will finish the cup.

I am a part time college instructor and also work in human resources in a family company. Apart from a rare cup of Lipton I drank in my parents’ home, I am a newbie to the world of tea. I have enjoyed Twinings and Ahmad bagged teas over the past month, and I am now just beginning to try loose leaf teas from Teavivre, Adagio, and Della Terra.

So far, I prefer black tea to green tea, and prefer to add cream or milk and sweetener to black tea. Unless the tea is white, green, or herbal, you can assume that I have added cream/milk and sugar to the tea in my reviews/ratings.

Concord, MA, USA