drank Golden Monkey Black Tea by Teavivre

This tea is very distinctive: it is malty like Assam teas, and has a caramel sweetness to it, but it is also woodsy and earthy. The finish is a sweet fruity flavor, a little bit reminiscent of a Darjeeling, except that the woodsy earthy flavor is present as well. I am not sure how to rate this tea yet, though I do like it.

I am a part time college instructor and also work in human resources in a family company. Apart from a rare cup of Lipton I drank in my parents’ home, I am a newbie to the world of tea. I have enjoyed Twinings and Ahmad bagged teas over the past month, and I am now just beginning to try loose leaf teas from Teavivre, Adagio, and Della Terra.

So far, I prefer black tea to green tea, and prefer to add cream or milk and sweetener to black tea. Unless the tea is white, green, or herbal, you can assume that I have added cream/milk and sugar to the tea in my reviews/ratings.

Concord, MA, USA