drank Chocolate Orange by DAVIDsTEA

My first time trying this since the rebranding as Chocolate Orange. I will review it in a moment, but first, gather ’round, people of Steepster, for storytime!

So DT’s new spring collection came out yesterday and, unsurprisingly, we went to sample them all. Yes, all. We are completionists that way. A usual busy day at our local, and they were having some computer troubles. Long story short, my debit card was double-charged, which I didn’t figure out until later when I tried to buy some delicious baked goods at the local bakery. Boo. I called the store and let them know what had happened, they told me to come in whenever, no problem.

Today, I amble up to the store and one of the girls (we call her Not Hipster Girl – they need to wear nametags!) is standing out front with a tray of samples. She gives me a big ol’ grin and says “Hey! Here to get that refund?” “. . . yes. Hi!”

Up to the counter I go, where Manager and Non-Asian Guy (who had been the one to help me yesterday) are standing. “Hey! So sorry about yesterday, totally my fault.” “Oh no, no, that’s okay, I don’t mind -” “Here, we want you to have 50g of one of the new spring teas, whatever you want. Let’s process that refund. Do you want anything to go?” Yes, 50g of tea and two free cups of tea because of a computer glitch. I cannot say how much I absolutely love DAVIDsTEA’s customer service. It’s just phenomenal, above and beyond any other retail experience I’ve had, tea-related or otherwise.

Anyway. Tea. This is the cup I got to go (the other being an iced Orange Blossom for my wife), my usual hot and black. I steeped it longer than I usually do pu’erhs and I’m actually glad that I did. It had such a rich warmth to it, I was actually kinda stunned for a moment. Just this amazingly complex chocolately taste, with all the shades of mustiness that pu’erhs hold. And then the zip of the orange citrus . . . I need to bump up the rating on this, and bring the small amount in our stash back to the forefront.

Indigobloom

lucky girl, these mixups never happen to me… I want an opp to see the awesome customer service to :P

TeaBrat

good customer service always makes me happy…

Cattibrie

I love the customer service at David’s.

DaisyChubb

Great story!!!
I admit, I’m a little sick of hearing excuses from other customers of other company’s poor customer service. I don’t really complain, but any time I’ve had a bad experience with another company, so many people jump to attack me saying that this is what customer service should be.

Oh no, Davids truly shows what customer service is all about. Thanks for sharing De :)

Comments

Indigobloom

TeaBrat

good customer service always makes me happy…

Cattibrie

I love the customer service at David’s.

DaisyChubb

Great story!!!

Mmmm. Tea. I have become a believer.

I like oolongs and greens, and dark smoky flavours. And Earl Greys. All the Earl Greys. I have bent my nerd powers to learning as much as I can about tea and tea culture. I have started to ramble about tea.

Tea. Mmmm.