drank Tie Kwan Yin (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

First trial of my new gaiwan. I now know why people use gaiwans on some kind of tea board – this is a messy process! But very soothing. The tie kwan yin is holding up wonderfully to the multiple steepings, each time releasing a bit more of the light floweriness that I love about oolongs. Used up the last of my stash for this; maybe it’s time for a restock.

Jessie

I bought a tea tray mostly because I think they’re pretty, but gaiwans can be a bit sloppy! Where did you get yours?

De

I bought the gaiwan at Say Tea on Bloor, which is our new favourite tea shoppe. Don’t have a tray or board for it yet, though. Just have a pile of paper towel on the counter, but I’m starting to get the hang out of the pour – only took me six steeps!

Uniquity

Too true! I can now pour my gaiwan with minimal/no spillage (though I frequently burn my fingers) but I wish I had a tea tray.

Comments

Jessie

De

Uniquity

Mmmm. Tea. I have become a believer.

I like oolongs and greens, and dark smoky flavours. And Earl Greys. All the Earl Greys. I have bent my nerd powers to learning as much as I can about tea and tea culture. I have started to ramble about tea.

Tea. Mmmm.