drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

My process for selecting a Giant Thermos o’ Tea is pretty basic, mainly because I tend to do it at butt-o’clock in the morning while I’m getting ready for work. Factors I have to keep in mind are caffeine content (preferably high), whether or not it will get bitter, and overall flavour. I tend to reach for the same small collection of greens, but this day I skipped over them and reached for this old favourite instead. Last Valentine’s Day, I picked up the little tin of this tea and some chocolates for my wife, and every time I drink it, I’m always surprised by how all-around delicious it is, like Santa’s Secret with a bit more chocolate.

It was kinda funny, though. As I was drinking, it was like reminiscing to an earlier, simpler time – a whole year ago. Well, maybe a bit more than that. But when we first discovered DAVIDsTEA, we stuck mainly to the flavoured blacks and herbals. Not sure why – maybe we were intimidated by the other choices, maybe we didn’t see the point of straight looseleaf teas when we could buy bagged, whatever. We have since gotten over that. But drinking this today reminded me of how good those flavoured blacks were to me, who had theretofore been subjected mainly to Red Rose.

Anyway. I think I’m going to back to some of the teas we got at the beginning, dig up old favourites. Now that I know a bit more about how to brew tea, especially blacks, properly, I think I might find some real treasures.

Mmmm. Tea. I have become a believer.

I like oolongs and greens, and dark smoky flavours. And Earl Greys. All the Earl Greys. I have bent my nerd powers to learning as much as I can about tea and tea culture. I have started to ramble about tea.

Tea. Mmmm.