485 Tasting Notes
This was surprisingly dark for a black tea, but it was decidedly tasty. An earthy base that’s deliciously minty. Like a mint Aero bar. That kind of creamy minty. Shared a pot with my amazing wife for a sipdown, this was really good but I wouldn’t go out of my way to restock. The mint does remind me of David’s Peppermint Amour, which is my favourite mint.
Yuuum. My wife cracked open a can of coconut milk and made a latte for me with this – why coconut milk? Because this tea tastes like nothing so much as a diluted Hello Dolly square, which is amazing. It’s this flaky coconutty chocolatey cookie type taste, with just a bit of an edge on it like they’ve been sitting in the pan too long. A++ would drink again.
Flavors: Cocoa, Coconut, Nuts
I would love to make an ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD joke but unfortunately I really just can’t. This tea gave me all sorts of fruity citrusy promises and then didn’t deliver. Brewed up, it’s incredibly dry (I keep smacking my lips and looking for water) and almost no flavour. I just took a sip of it and I can’t tell you what it tastes like. And it’s got this odd chemically tap water aftertaste. Did not enjoy.
Actually drank this a few days ago and forgot to log it, OOOPS.
I was going to make some to take with me to work. So I could drink it while waiting for the bus. In the rain. IN THE RAIN.
Yeah, good luck getting that out of your head.
It tastes like green curry. Smells even more like green curry, but then tastes like a green curry chai. Which I don’t particularly like? It managed to taste creamy without adding any milk. It was a rather odd cuppa.
I’m not an ex-smoker like my wife, so I can’t comment on whether this actually tastes like smoking, but it smells like the inside of my grandpa’s pipe with every sip.
As for taste, it started off as a slightly sweet smoky black, like a keemun maybe, but as I drank the cup down the tobacco taste got stronger and stronger until I just couldn’t stomach it any more. I don’t think I’ll be having this again, but I don’t know. It draws you in. I know that the last sip got stuck in my throat, but I keep finding myself reaching for the cup.
Like the Sheriff’s Secret Police, there is no escape.
Oh Ramona. I’m just going to go away and leave you alone forever now.
If you like cinnamon candy, you will love this tea. I, however, do not. Brewed up, that’s all you can smell – but strangely, the taste of cinnamon is very muted when you actually drink, it’s disarming. The taste overall is a vaguely spiced vaguely fruity blend that didn’t improve much with either sugar or cooling. Oh well, my wife loves it so she can finish the rest.
This tea was slid under my door in a bag etched with eldrich symbols and the longer I took to try it the more what was behind the door grew agitated.
Unfortunately, I brewed a cup to take with me to work and then promptly forgot to take it with me. I wandered through the desert while strange lights passed overhead. I lost all track of time. Finally I emerged from the desert that was no desert and made myself another cup.
This was . . . interesting. The aniseed burnt a little, but the tea itself was dark and earthy. Usually I would be all over it for that darker flavour profile, but I just can’t get over the cloying aftertaste from the aniseed. I would have to be in the mood for it.
Mmmmmm Cecil. Bless you for your ethnically-ambiguous queer-representin’ smooth-talkin’ self.
Listeners, I am in love. I am in love with this tea. I find that chais tend, for me, to be hit or miss because I only like maybe 75% of the chai spices, and loathe the other 25%, so whether I like or hate a chai depends entirely on the balance in the blend.
So I wouldn’t even call this a chai. I’d say it’s a light, faintly floral white that tastes like a cup of gingerbread cookie. Not like crunchy gingerbread snaps, but the thick soft gingerbread like the faceless old woman who lives in my house used to make. I don’t think I’d go out of my way to restock (as I’m finding with most of the fandom blends) but this was very tasty.
This tea brewed up surprisingly pink . . . like almost clear with one little curl of pink right in the centre of the cup. Very odd.
But mmmmmm I really enjoy this! It was a very mellow cuppa, with bits of sweetness and just a hint of something tart. The green didn’t get bitter and wasn’t overpowering. Don’t know if I’d restock, but I’ll definitely be drinking more.