drank Rose Darjeeling by Lupicia

The strong smell of the dry leaf scared me a little, so I made a test cup first instead of committing to a whole pot. It smelled something like a wine tea, much more sharp and fruity than I expected from a strictly rose + Darjeeling blend. Turns out I had nothing to fear; the brew has a dark, floral Darjeeling flavor with potent, but balanced rosy taste and aroma. Exactly what I’d hoped for. Yay!

I love tasting things. Slowly, I’m getting better at it.

I am a coffee convert; the 5+ cups of strong coffee I used to drink every day has trickled down to 1-2 cups a week, if a pot’s already brewed and I’m feeling lazy. Otherwise, tea all the way!

It’s been a few months now, which is enough for me to know that everyone likes different things about their cup. Personally I like my teas the way I like my men—strong and naked, with no artificial flavors or preservatives. Also dry, and in a tin. Hah!

Life is interesting and occasionally irritating. Because of this, I am sometimes laser-eyed, but a nice cup of tea usually helps.

Lovely green Oregon