Fast on the heels of my post about weak two-cup brewing (http://steepster.com/discuss/5563-riddle-me-this-why-does-1-cup-always-taste-better-than-2), I tried brewing three cupweight of this tea in 12 oz water in my 2-cup teapot. Tea came out on the strong side but not at all bitter or tannic, and delightfully stout with milk added — almost as chewy as an East Frisian, but more subtle. If they were classical singers, the Mincing Lane would be an interestingly wide-ranged supple baritone compared to the East Frisian’s firmly planted, deep bass. I noticed after the five minute brewtime that the water temperature had dropped to 151F. Does anyone else take the temperature of their tea just before drinking? (Surely there’s another tea nerd out there recording this variable….)

A highly domesticated creature living in the outer boroughs of New York City.

Dad worked for Lipton, but we drank Swee-Touch-Nee instead. Later found out that “Swee-Touch-Nee” is a rough transliteration of the Russian word for flowery: цветочной.

I am a foodie first and a tea drinker second. But one informs the other, of course.

My tea preferences vary according to season and weather. On a cool rainy day I love a cup of East Frisian with milk.

I am still exploring and learning about tea. Think of me as an advanced beginner.

Brooklyn, NYC