drank Jade Spring by Mighty Leaf Tea

The description is very accurate! My infuser does not like these leaves; I had to smush them up a little to fit properly. I forgot and steeped for too long again, so I did end up getting just a hint of bitterness, but that’s my own fault. I sweetened the tea a bit and it is nice and smooth. I was thinking how to describe the almost grainy sense I got from my first sip, and the description’s “nutty” covers it pretty well.

I admit that I seem to prefer more flavour in my tea, so I gravitate toward blends. Maybe I’ll blend this with something down the road and see how it goes.

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more

2012.10.07: I hear people like to understand other people’s ratings, so here’s a loose guide:

01-29: Dear God, why.
30-49: I’ll finish this cup, I guess, but no more.
50-59: Meh.
60-69: Decent. Maybe I can blend it with something else and make it better.
70-79: Heeey, this is quite good!
80-89: I love it, but I’m not in love with it.
90-100: Permanently resident in my Happy Place.

Update: I have steeped, and it was good. =] Still a tea-ophyte, though.

This is a tea site, so I feel like “well, I’m Indian” should be enough of an introduction. Because, I mean, it’s kind of in my genes, right? But the fact of the matter is that I’m an absolute tea-ophyte.

I’ve just discovered a world beyond Celestial Seasonings. I’ve just discovered “sachets” instead of “normal” tea bags and bought my first loose tea sampler. I don’t get the whole water temperature and steep time thing yet, nor that if I want to get a yixiang tea pot, I’d need one for each type of tea. I have this infuser ball thing, but I haven’t used it yet.

Don’t cringe, but right now I’m still just boiling water and pouring it over a teabag, adding some sugar, and drinking a nice, hot cuppa. I’d like to learn more, I think, and I’d like to train my palate. I figure participating in this community is the best way to do that.

So ya. Hi!