drank Almond by Adagio Teas

It was a black tea kind of morning so I decided to break open my sample box from Adagio.

This one smelled downright alarming in the pouch: sharp and chemical and not what I was expecting at all. I brewed it up anyway because I love almonds. The brewed tea smells like marzipan, but the taste isn’t that sweet. It’s a very nice almond flavor, and not nearly as bitter as I was expecting from other reviews. I actually steeped it much longer than I meant to but it’s still nice and light!

I might get this one, but then again the smell of the dry leaves is off-putting. Maybe I’ll decide after my next cup.

Elizabeth, college student, anthropology major, bio and history minor. I love to travel and try new foods (and teas!). I also enjoy music, books, video games as often as I can get my hands on them.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Tea sometimes helps me feel better when chronic illness is making things hard. It’s also fun to experiment with!

I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything. My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, fruit, vanilla, and floral flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain strong hibiscus or orange peel.

Indiana, U.S.