drank Almond by Adagio Teas

It was a black tea kind of morning so I decided to break open my sample box from Adagio.

This one smelled downright alarming in the pouch: sharp and chemical and not what I was expecting at all. I brewed it up anyway because I love almonds. The brewed tea smells like marzipan, but the taste isn’t that sweet. It’s a very nice almond flavor, and not nearly as bitter as I was expecting from other reviews. I actually steeped it much longer than I meant to but it’s still nice and light!

I might get this one, but then again the smell of the dry leaves is off-putting. Maybe I’ll decide after my next cup.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain hibiscus.

Indiana, U.S.