drank Dancong Aria by Adagio Teas

This is the first oolong I’ve tried and I think I’m in love. Pretty gold color, honey-peach taste, and it resteeps! Something about the taste of this one just makes me smile. It’s complex but very pleasant.

I managed to get a grand total of three cups of this out of one teaspoon, although the third cup was a little weaker than the first two. All three were delicious, though. This tea seems difficult to oversteep. The taste is good both hot and cold—I forgot about my mug while doing some homework, and when I went back to it it was just as delicious cold. The strong herbal smell of the dry tea is my only complaint, but the taste is definitely worth it.

200 °F / 93 °C

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.