drank Wuyi Ensemble by Adagio Teas

Not sure why I hadn’t tried this one—the sampler is right there, waiting!—but now I am. Oolongs seem to be true treats for me in a way few other kinds are. Perfect after my first day back in classes.

This one is very complex, very interesting. It seems to change with every sip! It’s definitely smooth and just a touch sweet, but there’s also a slight roasted or maybe even malty flavor. The overall effect is a good, rounded cup of tea. I’ll have to resteep a few times and see what else happens with the flavors!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.