drank Wuyi Ensemble by Adagio Teas

Not sure why I hadn’t tried this one—the sampler is right there, waiting!—but now I am. Oolongs seem to be true treats for me in a way few other kinds are. Perfect after my first day back in classes.

This one is very complex, very interesting. It seems to change with every sip! It’s definitely smooth and just a touch sweet, but there’s also a slight roasted or maybe even malty flavor. The overall effect is a good, rounded cup of tea. I’ll have to resteep a few times and see what else happens with the flavors!

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! My favorites are earl greys, yunnans, medium-bodied oolongs, Japanese greens, and fruit flavors. My least favorites are teas that are overly smoked, bitter, or contain hibiscus.

Indiana, U.S.