Not sure why but I’m all about black tea today. Perhaps I oolonged (which is definitely a verb, because I said so) too much a few days ago, although the Passion Fruit Wulong is also calling my name…

Oh right, the tea. This is another Select offering. This one smells like perfume when I open the pouch! As it steeps it’s another strong caramel scent. This one is also very pretty to look at. It has a very creamy finish. I haven’t done anything to it but it tastes like there’s milk in it! There’s definitely a caramel and a floral note to it; it’s significantly sweeter than I would have guessed from the description, although there are some smoky and woody notes in there. Mm!

Kat_Maria

As I was reading, I could have sworn you were going to say “I oolonged for too long”, which has an extraordinary rhythm to it!

bluebelle

It really does! Now I’m disappointed in myself for not going that route. Perhaps you could say I “toolonged”? ;)

Seems like an extremely versatile word :D

Comments

Kat_Maria

bluebelle

Seems like an extremely versatile word :D

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.