My orders came in today! And man, these samples are generous. I’m actually adding them to my cupboard since there’s probably 5-10 cups in each of them.

This. Smells. Incredible. Lemon meringue pie complete with graham cracker crust—my favorite, of course. I didn’t think the taste could live up to the smell, but I am currently under the impression that I am drinking pie. I’m amazed. Not much else to say about this one other than this is my favorite rooibos ever. That is all.

I do have a bit of a problem with this and other rooiboses, though. I usually use stick, ball, or full-cup infusers (sometimes I make a pot, but since it’s just me most of the time…). No matter what I do, the rooibos always escapes! Not that I particularly mind drinking that, but if a lot escapes it gets a little gross in texture toward the bottom. What do you do to keep twigs out of your cup, steepsters?

VariaTEA

There samples really are rather large. Also this is definitely one of the better rooibos blends. Glad you enjoyed it!

VariaTEA

I may have slipped a sample of a Della Terra rooibos into your package so hopefully that is as well received as this one.

bluebelle

Oh, thank you! New teas are always appreciated, so I’m sure I’ll love it. :) As far as the company goes, I do tend to love dessert types, so if they are consistently this good Della Terra might become a favorite of mine. Especially if they have other liquid pies/cakes!

VariaTEA

You and I would definitely get a long. I am all over dessert teas. And honestly, for me personally, no one quite makes cake rooibos teas like Della Terra. They are loaded with a bunch of crap which people tend to not like but it goes a long way in satisfying sweet tooth cravings.

bluebelle

I agree. Lately it seems like all I want is sweet, fruity, or just straight tea. A lot of the tasting notes I see from you look like things I would drink!

Cake rooibos sounds delicious! Next time I do a sampler or two from them I’ll have to check out their cake blends.

VariaTEA

A lot of their cake blends taste similar so you don’t need to stalk up. I personally really liked their carrot cake when I first tried it (hence why I sent some to you :P) but I had the Red Velvet Delight last night and that was quite great.

Also, if you like this, you should definitely try Lime Chiffon. I actually prefer it though both are quite delicious. I can probably slip some of both Lime Chiffon and Red Velvet Delight into the package (in addition to the carrot cake that is already in there) if you like.

bluebelle

Red velvet cake is my favorite cake! I did have an herbal a while back that was supposed to be red velvet but it was just a little off for me…(it was RoT). It had the smell down but there wasn’t enough chocolate to it. I’ve never liked carrot cake much as far as cakes go, but I can give it a try sometime.

If you don’t mind, I would love that. Small samples of things are perfect for me, as I then add my favorites to a huge mental list of things to buy when I can.

VariaTEA

OMG! I had the RoT Red Velvet and I had one sip, spilled out the cup and sold the rest. Blech… The Della Terra one is so much better. I will definitely throw in a sample.

By the way, have you ever tried DAVIDs Red Velvet Cake tea? Many people don’t like it but personally I don’t mind it. I can send a bit of that to you as well.

bluebelle

Haha, really? I didn’t think it was so bad, but I actually had to superheat the water to get it to taste right. I’ve found that with several of RoT’s herbal blends, actually. It’s kind of weird.

I haven’t gotten the chance to try a lot of DAVIDs yet since they’re so far away (shipping is higher than U.S. companies, takes longer, etc.), but it’s definitely on my list! Gosh, you’re going to have me rolling in samples.

Suziqzer

I looked at the comments here to find pout what others use for rooibos as I’m much like bluebell and use a ball infuser. Need to invest in something better, but haven’t yet.

Thinking of placing an order at Della Terra and came across this posting. I was considering some rooibos from them, currently have their Winter Nog and love it. Glad to see the responses here & how much you recommend their rooibos blends.

Comments

VariaTEA

Suziqzer

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.