Hmm. This is the first one I went for today, because it’s one of the most popular of the Della Terra samples I got and it sounded delicious. I’m not quite sure what to think about it, actually. It’s definitely cake-y, but it tastes more like coffee cake than pineapple. In fact I’m not getting pineapple or cherry at all. Maybe some milk will help it? Or maybe I just didn’t get enough fruit in this teaspoon.

ETA: This is leaps and bounds better after cooling. I think I’ll steep it lower and longer next time.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.