Another one that smells intensely of honey. I seem to be on a kick with honey-flavored teas today. I’ve never had straight mate before, only blends, so this is probably the purest one I’ve tried.

It doesn’t taste all that much like ginger, just honey. The mate underneath is nice and a little spicy. The honey in this is actually a little overwhelming, but I’ll drink up the sample at least.

VariaTEA

There is a company called Ceylon Tea Bush that sells a Honey Rooibos that tastes like liquefied honey. It is delicious.

bluebelle

Ooh! Onto my shopping list it goes.

VariaTEA

They sell it at a bakery near my house so I plan on picking some up when I go back home in April.

Comments

VariaTEA

bluebelle

Ooh! Onto my shopping list it goes.

VariaTEA

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.