drank Rose Tea by Golden Moon Tea

I’ve been putting this one off a little bit. I love rose anything (scented, flavored, you name it), but most rose teas are lacking for me. So far the only one I truly adore is the one I got from Harrods in July, which is basically just straight rosebuds—of course, it’s not available online and anything like it is incredibly expensive anywhere else. Sigh.

This one is better than expected. I guess my standards for rose tea are too high, but when I drink one I really want rose flavor more than black tea. Tiny petal pieces simply will not do it! Somehow this one takes the tiny petal pieces and becomes a moderately flavorful rose tea, but the black tea flavor is still stronger than the floral notes. I’m ultimately left with a “that’s all?” sort of feeling, which is not what I want from a floral tea. As a black blend it’s very good, but as a rose tea I wouldn’t reach for it.

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.