drank Oriental Beauty by Butiki Teas

T&C Box 13/18

Getting down toward the end of the list of what I wanted to try out of the T&C box. As of right now the number is 17, although there may be one or two more I’ll sample if I feel like it. I might as well have a taste while it’s here!

This is the last oolong I haven’t tried out of the box. I decided to have it now because I was just out shoveling and it is cold (-3 Fahrenheit!). I need a little pick-me-up after that, and oolongs are my favorite pick-me-up.

This is wonderful to look at and smell. The leaves are a rainbow of colors and the smell is gentle and slightly fruity. I’ve used a heaping teaspoon in about 6 oz. of water here, mostly because these are not my teas and I’d feel bad using any of the smaller samples up! I know I’ll be replacing them with my own, but still.

Even slightly off from the recommended instructions this seems to have done okay. It’s very rich and full-bodied, and there are some juicy fruit notes in there. I’m also getting some wood notes, and I understand the comparison to pastry, but the peachiness is strongest and absolutely wonderful. Apricot and peach notes in straight oolongs are my favorite, possibly because the first oolong I tried had a strong peach note. Another beautiful oolong from Butiki!

Kat_Maria

I think I am the most excited for this tea out of the whole box :)

Comments

Kat_Maria

I think I am the most excited for this tea out of the whole box :)

I loved tea as a kid, didn’t drink it for about ten years, and then rediscovered it about a year ago. I’m still pretty new to the types and brands of tea out there, but I’m interested in trying some of everything! Currently:

-comfortable and experimenting with black teas
-enthusiastically embracing oolongs
-cautiously trying chai, greens, and whites
-adoring herbals (without hibiscus)
-neutral to rooibos
-afraid of pu-erhs (but willing to try!)

My rating system:

95-100: I would cross oceans for this tea. Drinking it is an amazing experience. If I don’t currently have it in my cabinet I’m probably very sad about that.

80-94: A very good tea. I would probably buy it again if I had the money/room in my cabinet.

65-79: Decent. I might buy it on sale or pass it by depending on my mood.

40-64: I’d accept a cup of this if it was served to me, but not buy it.

below 40: Ugh! Never again!

Keep in mind that bitterness is the worst thing that can happen to a tea for me, followed closely by hibiscus; I also have food allergies that rarely influence my tea habit, but please check with me before sending anything!

Indiana, U.S.